- A loosely packed cup of basil
- ¼ cup of walnuts
- 2 medium-sized garlic clove
- Olive oil
- Add vinegar and the egg in your food processor. Add a ¼ cup of walnuts, a handful of basil, pepper, salt and two garlic cloves.
- Add olive oil and run the food processor or blender.
- Season and serve with poached vegetables or fish. You can also use it as spread on your sandwich.
Serving: 1 cup
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons of Dijon mustard
- 1 table spoon of lemon juice or white vinegar or sherry
- 1 whole egg or egg-yolk
- 1 cup of neutral oil such as corn, grape seed, virgin olive oil or any combination
- Add the mustard, egg-yolk or egg, lemon juice, pepper, salt and/or vinegar in your food processor and pulse it.
- Slowly add oil as the food processor runs.
- Taste the mixture and adjust seasoning accordingly.
- Next, add at least two garlic cloves and a maximum of 8 to taste. Pour olive oil and pulse slowly. You’ll end up with garlic mayonnaise, also known as aioli.
- Add a maximum of two dried pepper such as Thai, ancho or chipotle. Soak the pepper in warm water to soften then drain the water. Pat the pepper dry, stem and seed. Alternatively, use adobo sauce and canned chipotle. You’ll end up with Chile mayonnaise.
Other types of mayonnaise you can make include roasted pepper mayonnaise, cold mustard sauce or green sauce, French –style.
Mayonnaise Flavoring Ideas
Use any of the following single or combination of ingredients to add flavor to your mayonnaise:
- ¼ cup of minced sweet prickles
- 1 tablespoon of minced fresh ginger
- A pinch of saffron
- 1 teaspoon of wasabi powder to taste
- 1 tablespoon of strong and fresh minced leaves or herbs such as oregano, rosemary, marjoram, tarragon, thyme or epazote
- ¼ cup of mild fresh herbs or leaves such as cilantro, basil, parsley, chervil or chives
- 1 teaspoon of grated citrus zest
- 1 teaspoon of horseradish
- 2 tablespoons of chili powder
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce to taste
- ½ a cup of chopped and toasted almonds, pecans or walnuts
- Some dashes of a prepared sauce such as Worcestershire
- 2 or 3 anchovies added at the end; omit salt when using this ingredient
Mayonnaise is often used as a sauce. It contains calories, proteins, fats, ash, fatty acids, water, carbohydrates, vitamins and minerals. There are many health benefits of mayonnaise as follows.
Top 15 Health Benefits of Mayonnaise
1. Skin Treatment
Mayonnaise is good for rough or chipped skin. It can soothe sunburn skin and eliminates dead skin cells. Apply it on rough skin or chapped elbow and lips.
2. Healthy Hair
Mayonnaise has been found to strengthen hair, keeping it healthy and looking shiny. It can treat messed or dull hair, and when used as a conditioner, mayonnaise softens and smoothen hair, making it silkier.
3. Soft Skin
When applied on the skin, mayonnaise makes the skin soft, healthy and glowing. Apply it on your skin for a baby soft skin.
4. Healthy Heart
Mayonnaise contains vitamin E, a component known to help prevent stroke. The omega-3 it contains also works to keep your heart healthy.
5. Controls Sugar Level
Mayonnaise also has properties that help control blood sugar levels, meaning it can be consumed by diabetics.
6. Healthy Lungs
The lungs are tasked with eliminating carbon dioxide from the body system. Mayonnaise contains nutrients responsible for strengthening your lungs for optimal performance.
7. Reduction in the Risk of Developing Stroke
Vitamin E in mayonnaise can help lower your risk developing stroke.
8. Reduced Heart Attacks
Mayonnaise has been linked to a reduction in risks of developing heart attacks. The omega-3 fats play a role in lowering cases of heart attacks.
9. Prevention of Arthritis
Mayonnaise can also help in preventing arthritis as it contains components that work against it.
10. Treatment of Depression
Mayonnaise relaxes the mind and promotes the release of endorphins. The good emotions help promote a fresh mind while protecting you from becoming depressed.
11. Nutrient Absorption
Consuming mayonnaise promotes nutrient absorption. Since it contains fats responsible for facilitating nutrient absorption, you can expect the vitamins D, E, K and A to be fast absorbed into your body system.
12. Colon Inflammation Treatment
Mayonnaise has anti-inflammatory properties to enable it prevent inflammation of the colon.
13. Strengthening Nails
Mayonnaise can treat cracked nails, keeping them healthy and looking good all the time.
14. Better Circulation of blood
Vitamin E found in mayonnaise is responsible for promoting better blood circulation in your body.
15. Lice Prevention
Mayonnaise is a perfect hair treatment. It doesn’t just smoothen and strengthen hair, but also helps fight lice. It kills lice already in your hair, together with the eggs, and preventing them from re-infesting your hair by keeping it clean.
Whichever type of mayonnaise you decide to eat, note that a homemade variation is the best and healthiest, because you get to choose your preferred natural ingredients. Also, remember to eat in moderation as your body needs just a small portion of each nutrient to function optimally.
The recipe above is just one of the many easy mayonnaise recipe food processors on the market. Generally, it’s all about being creative and using ingredients that you love eating for the best delicacy. What’s more, you can prepare mayonnaise for yourself, your family, friends, and neighbors or even at a party.
Wash all your ingredients before using them to prepare your mayonnaise.
Contact us today to discuss your need to prepare mayonnaise as if you’re a professional.