Oster Total Prep Food Processor
- VERSATILITY 96%
- EASE OF USE 92%
- APPEARANCE 75%
– Compact storage: the accessories and blade fit nicely in the bowl of the machine for convenient storage
– Easily disassembled for both storage and cleaning
– Unable to fully break down food to a semi-liquid form, leaving chunks over
– Very loud
The Oster Total Prep food processor has become a popular, cheap alternative to the more expensive models on the market. This tool is perfect for those who may not be able to justify buying an expensive machine but would like to quicken their food prep time.
- Model Name: Oster FPSTFP1355 2-Speed 10-Cup Food Processor, 500-watt
- Dimensions: 12.6 x 11.5 x 18 in
- Weight: 10 lbs
Take this into consideration before your purchase
It is assumed that if you are purchasing this tool, you plan on using it often and therefore, it should be easily accessible. The machine does offer a convenient way to store, being able to place all accessories as well as the blade in the bowl, however the machine will still be very large and hard to find a place for in a small kitchen.
Moreover, this machine will not be capable of fully breaking down your food. It is more ideal for chopping or stirring than completely pureeing what you place inside. Its motor is weaker than comparable model’s motors, requiring more time for the same jobs. This also does not allow it to get food down to a fully chunk free form.
This tool is convenient but not necessarily if you live with others. It is very loud and can become a nuisance and a distraction for those around you.
This food processor does it all – it chops, spreads, slices, kneads and mixes, making it a completely versatile tool for your kitchen. It can even replace a blender and a hand mixer. Food processors quicken the preparation of food, performing tasks that would’ve taken you a good amount of time in a matter of minutes.
This processor also allows you to knead doughs, saving you bulks of time in that practice. Food processors aid you in the preparation of almost every meal and allow you to explore recipes that you would not have been able to otherwise.
Large Bowl and Mouth Chute
For anyone who has had smaller food processors, you know that processing food in batches can almost take as much time as chopping it yourself. This processor has a ten cup capacity bowl, allowing you to process your entire portion of food in one go.
The Oster Total Prep food processor has a wide five-inch chute, which will almost never require a pre-chop to fit food down the chute as with some machines. The bowl is family sized allowing you to blend multiple servings of food in one go. The wide chute as well as the large bowl create an optimal experience for you, free of difficulties relating to space.
Though the machine does take up quite a bit of counter space, it does come apart for a compact storage. The blades and accessories all fit in the bowl of the machine, lowering the height considerably, allowing for an easier storage.
Easily Removable Parts
This Oster food processor can easily be disassembled unlike other comparable machines. It is very quick and easy to clean since you must only clean the bowl and blade.
This machine offers two different speed level buttons as well as a pulse control button allowing you full authority over the speed of the mixing as well as how long it processes for. It also has buttons made to handle different uses such as slicing, kneading and chopping.
The Oster Total Prep food processor comes with a blade for kneading dough, simplifying the experience of creating homemade breads and desserts. It also offers a locking lid, ensuring complete safety and control when operating the machine.
- Very affordable in comparison to other food processors
- A versatile and multipurpose machine allowing you to stir, chop, slice, shred and mix as well as knead dough
- Large bowl and chute allowing for one batch, quick processing jobs and no pre-chopping required
- Multiple speeds and pulse buttons which give you full control over how processed something gets.
- Compact storage: the accessories and blade fit nicely in the bowl of the machine for convenient storage
- Easily disassembled for both storage and cleaning
- Easy to clean, with only two pieces that need cleaning
- Locking lid ensuring safety and control
- Comes with a blade for kneading dough as well
- Takes up a lot of counter space
- Unable to fully break down food to a semi-liquid form, leaving chunks over
- Very loud
This machine is very affordable compared to its competition and is one of the most reputable options on the market for a cheap food processor. It holds a large amount of food and has a large chute which will most probably not require the pre-chopping of items to fit food in the machine.
Additionally, it can easily be disassembled and cleaned. The processor allows for complete control with speed levels, extra blades and button allowing you to choose between chopping, kneading and slicing.
It is a very good option for beginner cooks who are looking for their first processor, however, it may not be ideal for professionals or those who are experienced with these machines as it does not fully break down the foods and leaves chunks within the mixture. It does not have the strongest motor but it is very loud.In conclusion, this machine is a very good, affordable food processor for beginners or those looking for a food processor to perform simple tasks for them.